Odd snapshots exposed in Solaris 11.1
Ian Collins
2013-01-22 01:53:57 UTC
Since upgrading to Solaris 11.1, I've started seeing snapshots like

tank/vbox/shares%VMs

appearing with zfs list -t snapshot.

I thought snapshots with a % in their name where private objects created
during a send/receive operation. These snapshots don't have many
properties:

zfs get all tank/vbox/shares%VMs
NAME PROPERTY VALUE SOURCE
tank/vbox/shares%VMs creation Tue Jan 15 9:15 2013 -
tank/vbox/shares%VMs mountpoint /vbox/shares -
tank/vbox/shares%VMs share.* ... local
tank/vbox/shares%VMs zoned off default

Which is casing one of my scripts grief.

Does anyone know why these are showing up?
Ian.
Tomas Forsman
2013-01-22 09:01:27 UTC
Post by Ian Collins
Since upgrading to Solaris 11.1, I've started seeing snapshots like
tank/vbox/shares%VMs
appearing with zfs list -t snapshot.
I thought snapshots with a % in their name where private objects created
during a send/receive operation. These snapshots don't have many
zfs get all tank/vbox/shares%VMs
NAME PROPERTY VALUE SOURCE
tank/vbox/shares%VMs creation Tue Jan 15 9:15 2013 -
tank/vbox/shares%VMs mountpoint /vbox/shares -
tank/vbox/shares%VMs share.* ... local
tank/vbox/shares%VMs zoned off default
Which is casing one of my scripts grief.
Does anyone know why these are showing up?
They're used for new style sharing in s11.1 as well.

zfs list -t share

/Tomas
--
Tomas Forsman, ***@acc.umu.se, http://www.acc.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå